Dedicated to the support and emergence of new cultural actors
ellipse art projects is a non-profit organization to lead and support actions in favour of the contemporary artistic creation.
Ibrahima Ndome from the Atelier Ndokette collective is the winner of the ellipse Prize’s first edition.
The winning artist will benefit from a three-month artistic residency at the Cité Internationale des Arts from October 4 to December 27, 2021 and his work will be exhibited in Paris during the AKAA fair in November 2021.
Ibrahima Ndome was chosen from over 60 applications by an independent jury of contemporary art professionals, including specialists in the Senegalese art scene:
- Bénédicte Alliot, director of the Cité internationale des arts in Paris
- Wagane Gueye, curator and director of Artistic and Cultural Initiatives
- Delphine Lopez, director of the Cécile Fakhoury gallery in Dakar
- Victoria Mann, founding director of the AKAA fair
- Malick Ndiaye, researcher, teacher and artistic director of the Dakar Biennale in 2020
- Ken Aïcha Sy, founding director of the cultural platform Wakh’Art
- As well as a voice representing the choice of ellipse art projects.